Thursday, March 31, 2011

day 35, recipe 35: Slow Cooker Greek Chicken & Potatoes

I don't think I've ever been happier to have dinner ready the second I walked in the door as I was last night. I was super exhausted and my dogs were barking. Being able to do nothing more then toss a salad & serve dinner was heaven. Slow cooker for the win, as per usual. I will say, this recipe wasn't as fabulous as I had hoped. I think that 8 hours was a little too long for my drumsticks but live & learn!

2 lbs                   mini red potatoes, washed & skin on
2 lbs                   chicken drumsticks or chicken thighs
1 onion               cut into big chunky slices
5 cloves              garlic, minced
1 T                     lemon pepper
1 T                     oregano
2 T                     olive oil
2 t                      fresh rosemary
3 T                     lemon juice

Place potatoes and onion in the bottom of the crockpot. Layer chicken over top.
In a small bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and then spoon over top of chicken. Sprinkle liberally with salt and then cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with a salad & squeeze additional lemon juice overtop if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment