Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 24, Bonus Recipe: Zesty Vinaigrette

Happy Friday! I love salad. All forms & all types of salads ('cept for that bagged stuff- keep it away!). This is by far my FAVE salad dressing. I make it from scratch. I know that the recipe came from my mom, but all I rememeber is the pepperconi juice and honey so I make it off the top of my head. You can double, triple etc to suit your needs- you can also store it in a jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks! If you chose to increase the recipe, remember the 3 to 1 oil to vinegar ratio. Heck, knowing that ratio- it's not hard to come up with your own vinaigrette!

6 T             extra virgin olive oil
2 T             red wine vinegar
1 T             pickled pepperconi brine
2 t              lemon juice
1 t              honey
                 crushed bay leaf, oregano, salt & pepper to taste

Best served over a greek salad, but I've used it on chefs salads, tomato/cucumber salads and once even as a marinade! It has a certain twang about it that makes you want to eat up all those veggies. Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment