Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 23, Recipe 24: Mediterranean Crockpot Chicken

I know, I know- I'm addicted to the slow cooker. I heard it's making a comeback, just sayin'. This is pretty much the adult version of "throw stuff in a pot" and see what happens. I forgot to take a picture before we ate it all.

4-6                 chicken thighs
1 jar                black olives, drained of liquid
1 jar                marinated artichoke hearts, 1/4 of liquid reserved
1 can               diced tomatoes with liquid
1/2                  red onion, sliced
5 cloves           garlic, whole

Yup, you guessed it- toss it all in that slow cooker! Turn on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6. I thickened the sauce after removing the chicken & served it over gnocchi as a side. Sprinkle both with freshly grated parmesan cheese! I thought it was okay, bf went back for a huge pile of seconds. The chicken was frozen when it went in so I cooked it on high and it was so juicy, it fell right off the bone!

No comments:

Post a Comment