Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 12/13, Recipe 0: The unrecipe blog

No, I haven't given up cooking...but to be perfectly honest, none of the meals I made the past two days passed the taste test. Dips I made to entertain company on Saturday night called for substituting plain yogurt for sour cream, which resulted in a watery dip. Another was a navy bean & artichoke dip that was so overpowered by garlic, I was sure to keep it on my side of the table. Tonight's attempt at a slow cooker vegetable stew was even worse- I followed a recipe I came across on another blog. It called for a 4 cups of beef broth as the liquid, which I found strange as beef broth is the more "bold"  of the broth choices. It took over all the natural flavours that sweat out of the various vegetables during cooking. It was so bland, my boyfriend put salt on it. First time in our relationship I've ever seen him pick up the saltshaker. 0/2. Oi. Hopefully I have better luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment