Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Simply Delicious- Potato & Leek Soup

This soup was so good I found myself reheating some the next day- and believe me when I say there is nothing I usually hate more then leftover food! When I made this, I substituted two cups of chicken broth for water because I didn't have all that the recipe called for and it was still amazing! Enjoy : )

1 leek                    thinly sliced, white parts & some green
1 onion                  chopped
2 celery stalks        sliced
3 potatoes              peeled and cut into cubes
4 cups                   chicken broth
1/4 cup                  dry white wine
3                           bay leaves
                             juice of 1/2 lemon or 2 T lemon juice concentrate
                            salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup                 butter or margarine

Melt butter in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add leeks, onion and celery and saute until soft- about 3 minutes. Add potatoes and coat in the mixture.
Stir in chicken broth, wine and add bay leaves. Continue cooking over medium heat until potatoes are very soft, about 25-30 minutes.
Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Puree mixture using a food processor or emulsion hand mixer, stirring lemon juice in slowly. Season with salt and pepper and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment