Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 7, Recipe 6: Not Your Average Pasta..Puttanesca

Alright, so I slacked off yesterday & fell to the temptation of all you can eat sushi. I guess I should have committed to taking a days rest every 7 as we love to go out and dine. Aji Sai is right at Queen & Spadina and has, by far, the best AYCE menu in Toronto- in my opinion anyways.

Tonight, I was craving pasta.I'm terrible when it comes to finding recipes though- there's always so many modifications I feel I need to make. This recipe was pieced together from various websites I came across. Most of the recipe is modified to suit my liking- Enjoy!

4 T         olive oil
1            onion, chopped
3-4         garlic cloves, minced
3            fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 t       red pepper flakes
1 C        cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 can   diced tomatoes
1 tin       anchovies in oil
1 C        fresh baby spinach
             salt & pepper to taste
1/4 C     feta cheese, crumbled
             spaghettini, prepared as per package directions.

Boil a pot of water for the spaghettini. When the water is almost at boiling, begin making sauce.
Heat olive oil over medium high and add onions and garlic; saute until fragrant- about 1 minute. Add basil, saute until onion is translucent, approximately another 1-2 minutes.
Add red pepper flakes and cherry tomates, stirring to mix with onion mix. Pour diced tomatoes and diced anchovies into skillet, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
Add spinach and stir into skillet, cooking for no more then 2 minutes over medium heat- just until slightly wilted.
Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and crumble feta cheese over top; stir and serve with garlic toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment